The World Bank expects global economic growth to slow significantly, from 5.5% in 2021 to 4.1% in 2022 and further to 3.2% in 2023. Growth in East Asia and the Pacific is expected to slow to 5.1 percent in 2022, reflecting the impact of China's economic slowdown, the report said. China's economic growth is expected to fall to 5.1% in 2022, close to potential growth, due to the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the Chinese government's tightening of regulations in certain sectors of the economy. The report said that the rapid spread of the Omicron variant means that the new crown epidemic is likely to continue to disrupt economic activity in the near future. In addition, decelerating growth in major economies, including the United States and China, will depress external demand in emerging markets and developing economies.
Slow economic growth has a huge impact on MnO2 .
Introduction to Manganese Dioxide MnO2 Powder
Manganese dioxide is also known as manganese peroxide or black manganese oxide. It is the oxide of tetravalent manganese. The chemical formula is MnO2. The fHm (298K) is -520.71kJ/mol, the melting point is 847℃, and the density is 5.026 g/cm3. The natural MnO2 exists in pyrolusite, and it is a black rhombic crystal or black-brown powder. It has a tetrahedral lattice, which is amphoteric manganese oxide. It is insoluble in water and nitric acid, but gives off oxygen and forms manganese sulfate in hot concentrated sulfuric acid and is chlorinated to manganese chloride in hydrochloric acid. It is fused with caustic soda and oxidant, giving off carbon dioxide to form permanganate. Manganese dioxide is a strong oxidant and can cause combustion and explosion by friction or co-heating with organic matter or other oxidable substances such as sulfur, sulfide, and phosphide. The product exhibits reducibility with strong oxidants such as hydrogen peroxide. MnO2 is converted into Mn2O3 when heated above 480℃ in air, and Mn3O4 when heated above 900℃. It is widely used in steelmaking, glass, ceramics, dry cells, etc.
In nature, it exists in the form of pyrolusite and hard manganese ore. It can be extracted from pyrolusite, and can also be prepared by heating decomposition of manganese nitrate or electrolytic manganese dioxide salt. γ -Mno2 is active and can be used as a cathode material for batteries to eliminate polarization. Manganese dioxide can be used as a rust remover, oxidizer, dry battery drying agent, and paint drying agent, also used in manganese salt preparation and the glass industry.
Physicochemical Properties of Manganese Dioxide MnO2 Powder
For manganese dioxide, oxygen atoms are at the top of the octahedron corner and manganese atoms in the octahedron. Octahedron is connected to form a single chain or double chain, forming a tunnel structure of the gap, octahedron, or hexagonal dense or square dense accumulation. Oxidizability: Manganese dioxide is a non-salt oxide, non-amphoteric oxide which does not react with either acid or base. In the presence of reducing agents, is oxidizing. Such as manganese dioxide into the hydrogen flow heating to 1400K to get manganese oxide. Manganese dioxide is heated in an ammonia gas stream to obtain brown and black manganese trioxide. Manganese dioxide is reacted with concentrated hydrochloric acid to obtain manganese chloride, chlorine gas, and water.
In the presence of strong oxidants, it also exhibits reducibility. If the manganese dioxide, potassium carbonate, and potassium nitrate or potassium chlorate mixed melting, people can get dark green melt, melt it in water cooling people can get six valence manganese compound potassium manganate. It is a strong oxidant in an acid medium. Strong oxidant, does not burn on its own, but it aids combustion, so please do not place it with flammable materials.
|Manganese Dioxide MnO2 Powder Properties|
|Other Names||manganese oxide, MnO2 powder|
|Solubility in H2O||insoluble|
Applications of Manganese Dioxide MnO2 Powder
1. Manganese dioxide is a very good decolorizing agent in the glass manufacturing industry, which can oxidize low ferric salt to high ferric salt, so that the blue-green glass into weak yellow.
2. In the electronic industry it is used to produce manganese zinc ferrite magnetic materials.
3. Used as the raw material of iron and manganese alloy in the steelmaking industry and heating agent in the casting industry.
4. Used in gas masks to absorb carbon monoxide.
5. In the chemical industry it can be used as an oxidant, catalyst for organic synthesis, paint, and ink desiccant.
6. Used as an accelerant for match industry, as a raw material for glaze medicine of ceramics and enamel and manganese salt.
7. Used for fireworks, water purification, iron removal, medicine, fertilizer and textile printing, dyeing, etc.
8. Electrolytic manganese dioxide is an excellent depolarizing agent of battery. Compared with the dry battery produced by natural discharge manganese dioxide, it has the characteristics of large discharge capacity, strong activity, small volume, and long life, so electrolytic manganese dioxide has become a very important raw material in the battery industry.
9. Electrolytic manganese dioxide due to its strong catalytic, oxidation/reduction, ion exchange, and adsorption capacity, after treatment and molding, it is a comprehensive excellent water purification filter material. Compared with the common use of activated carbon, zeolite, and other water purification filter material, it has a stronger ability to decolorize and remove metal.
Main Supplier of Manganese Dioxide MnO2 Powder
Luoyang Tongrun Nano Technology Co. Ltd. (TRUNNANO) is a trusted global chemical material supplier & manufacturer with over 12-year-experience in providing super high-quality chemicals and Nanomaterials, including silicon powder, nitride powder, graphite powder, zinc sulfide, calcium nitride, 3D printing powder, etc.
If you are looking for high-quality manganese dioxide MnO2 powder, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])
The negative electrode material is the carrier of lithium ions and electrons during the charging process of the battery and plays the role of energy storage and release. In the battery cost, the negative electrode material accounts for about 5%-15%, which is one of the important raw materials for lithium-ion batteries. The global sales of lithium battery anode materials are about 100,000 tons, mainly in China and Japan. According to the current growth trend of new energy vehicles, the demand for anode materials will also show a state of continuous growth. At present, the global lithium battery anode materials are still dominated by natural/artificial graphite, and new anode materials such as mesh carbon microspheres (MCMB), lithium titanate, silicon-based anodes, HC/SC, and metal lithium are also growing rapidly.
Our company provides anode materials and MnO2 . If you need to know more anode materials and MnO2 , please feel free to contact us.
About Colloidal Gold Nano Gold Solution:Colloidal gold benefits:Nanogold is made by using high purity gold as raw material, through a special new processing technology to make gold particle size of 15nm or less, greatly improve the inherent character…
Prices in the national electricity market averaged $87 per megawatt-hour in the first three months of the year, above the level promised by the federal government. Wholesale electricity prices for industry and large businesses have already exceeded t…
About Silicon Nitride Si3N4 Powder:The silicon nitride composition is silicon and nitrogen. Si3n4 is the most thermodynamic stable in silicon nitride. It is white solid with a high melting point, relative chemical inert, diluted HF and hot H2SO4 atta…